top of page
  • Anglianvetphysio

Is your therapist fully qualified?

When choosing a musculoskeletal therapist for your pet it can be a bit of a minefield to know if they're fully qualified because of the range of musculoskeletal therapists out there and none of these titles being protected.

For example, the title 'Veterinary Physiotherapist' isn't protected. This means anyone can call themselves a Veterinary Physiotherapist, regardless of if they've done a four year degree or a four day course.

This can be quite alarming and leaves owners and vets confused on who they should trust to treat their animals.

However, there are a number of regulated body's that ensure the highest level of care and professionalism is given from their members. Each of these organisations have their own levels of qualifications and code of conduct.

I am a member of the National Association of Veterinary Physiotherapists (NAVP) and the Animal Health Practitioners Register (AHPR). To be a member of these professional bodies you have to complete numerous professional competency tests and carry out continued professional development (CPD) throughout your professional career.

I completed a four year degree in Veterinary Physiotherapy BSc (Hons) at Harper Adam's University, and I continue to carry out CPD to maintain and enhance my skills. Therefore, I am confident to call myself a fully qualified Veterinary Physiotherapist.

If you have any questions about how to find a fully qualified musculoskeletal therapist, please do not hesitate to email Sammi at or call 07775161526. Or for more information about the professional bodies that I'm a member of, check out their websites:

Thanks for reading!

28 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page