1. Veterinary physiotherapists are required to treat under veterinary referral in accordance with the Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966. Therefore, all clients MUST have a referral from their veterinarian before physiotherapy treatment. If your animal has not directly been referred to me by your veterinarian I will need to contact your veterinarian to acquire a referral prior to your appointment.
2. Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours prior to the appointment to avoid charges. The client will be liable to pay half the price of the physiotherapy treatment fee if a cancellation is made under 24 hours prior to your appointment, or if the appointment is a "no show". However, if your animal has an illness or contagious disease you MUST reschedule your appointment. You will not incur a charge in this situation.
4. The right is reserved to refuse physiotherapy treatment if the animal requires veterinary treatment prior to physiotherapy, or if the animal is considered a danger to the physiotherapist. In both of these cases the client will be liable to pay £20. However, this fee will be taken off your next appointment if one is booked
5. Bacs is the preferred payment, but cash will be accepted. Please ensure to pay at the appointment, or before the 7th day after the appointment. Fees for payments later than 7 days after the appointment will apply.
6. If you are claiming for physiotherapy treatment from your insurance company, you must have referral from your veterinarian and approval from your insurance company prior to physiotherapy treatment. You will have to pay for appointments up front. I will then send a claims form to your insurance company. Once this has been accepted, your insurance company will reimburse you for the costs of physiotherapy treatment.
7. For equine clients, when possible, please present your horse with mud brushed off and clean hooves.
8. For canine clients, please have your lead available and a clear area where your dog can have physiotherapy treatment lying down.
By confirming your physiotherapy appointment you are agreeing to the terms and conditions stated above.